9 June 2015

THANK YOU

Hi guys!

I usually don't post on a Tuesday but I really feel the need to write something right now. Today I made the decision to finally put something about my Alopecia on Facebook. At first, I was so scared because I didn't want it to look like I'm seeking for attention, but  the bald patch got bigger, and I didn't want to have any secrets anymore. I've had some real struggles with covering the patch last week and it really started to bother me. I didn't want it to look like I'm keeping a secret, I just wanted to be honest with my friends and family. Soooo I put it up on Facebook.

As soon as I pushed the 'send' button, likes and comments started flowing in my inbox. The number of views on my blog got higher and higher. My phone was about to crash when I decided to go out for a bike ride. Everything was very overwhelming and I didn't really know what to do, because I felt so grateful. When I came back, I had 1000+ views, something that I never dared to dream of.

I feel a little bit calmer now but all the supportive comments are still coming in. When this post goes online, I think I have over 2000 views on my blog and I can't believe it. I'm so glad that people know about the disease now, something that is really important. People who kept it a secret for years and years, sent me messages that they think it's amazing that someone actually writes and talks about it. For me, It's not a big deal. Okay, I was really nervous about putting it up on Facebook but I don't mind talking about it with people. It's a part of me now and that is completely fine.

I realized that this is what I want to do. Write and inspire. I'm determined to do whatever it takes to make this dream come true. I want to be a succesful Youtuber and blogger and nothing's going to stop me now. I'm even more motivated than I was before and it's amazing to know that there are actually people who read this. This is insane and I feel so blessed.

A big thank you to everyone who liked my post. Thank you to everyone who left a comment behind. To the people who shared it, thank you. But mostly, I want to thank every single person who made the effort to press the link and read it. THANK YOU! You are an amazing human being <3

There will be a regular post tomorrow but I just had to get this off my chest. I'll try to sleep tonight but it will be hard because the adrenaline is rushing through my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment